New acquisition - Nikon P900 camera

My buddy Dale who spends a lot of time photographing rodeo shows with some high end gear showed me his every day coolpix camera that he goes hiking with, it's a Nikon P900. I was instantly hooked on its simplicity and zooming capabilities. It takes great general pictures, has its own WiFi and a phone app for snapping off shots remotely.


The zoom on this camera is incredible to say the least, it has the equivalent of a 2000mm optic lens and then on top of that it has another 4 times digital giving a massive 8000mm reach. I paid $700 new from Camrea House at Erina and will use it for general photography and moon pictures. The only negative is that it doesn’t do raw format images and it’s no good for long exposure deep sky image stacking, I'll use the old Canon 600d for that.



Comments

Popular Posts